Wednesday, October 2, 2013

o c t o b e r

I LOVE the fall. For me, it really is the most magical, enjoyable, comfortable part of the seasonal cycle; October is the month that fall/autumn really seems to kick off, and for that reason, it's one of my most beloved months.

OCTOBER, HOW DO I LOVE THEE?
LET ME COUNT THE WAYS:

I    
Cold weather = legitimate reasons to wear cardigans/tights/boots/scarves alllll the time (it should be noted that I literally dress this way all year long).

II    
Food Glorious Food!
There is no more perfect combination that Turkey+Mashed Potatoes+Gravy+Stuffing+Crans.

III  
Hallowe'en
DUH. Every year, without fail, I procrastinate/forget to think of a costume until the eleventh hour. This year, I'm trying to put some effort into things; I'm tossing it back and forth between Sailor Moon and Alice in Wonderland (although let's be honest, that's not a fair fight).
     
IV    
Thanksgiving Weekend
That's October 12th-14th this year for my non-canadian friends. Beyond the food, it's an excellent weekend of family shenanigans; I can't describe how much I love this holiday.

V  
I can now begin to legitimately plan out Christmas Presents (to give!)


I actually can't believe that Septemblur is over. Now that I'm no longer in school, it feels like a lame place holder month; nothing much happens, the weather is whatever and all of the bees go crazy (other stories for other times).

My best friend recently moved to Roncesvalles so I've been doing some exploring in the area lately (which, to be honest, is the most exploring I've done in Toronto in a while, for shame). Her neighbourhood is beyond adorable, and I've been (surreptitiously) snapping pictures like crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment