Saturday, July 6, 2013

m i n i







How cute are these little ceramic frenchies? 

I happened across them while garage saleing a couple of weeks ago; they were in a shoebox labeled "FREE", jumbled together with a host of other miscellaneous items. 

I've always been a collector of kitschy trinkets (there's just something about objects in miniature that I really can't resist!). One of the reasons why I LOVE garage sales so much is that they always have a plethora of random minis (and usually for a quarter or less). As a little girl, I brought home so many useless things: a tiny teacup and saucer souvenir from Florida; a pair of little ceramic ducks, adorned with roses; plastic Felix the Cat figurines in different poses. 

As an adult, I'm (slightly) better at resisting silly impulse purchases; some things however -- like the plastic dinosaurs that I picked up while camping on Victoria Day -- are too great to pass by!

*
Hope that everyone is having an excellent weekend! It's hotter than hades (to borrow a phrase from my mum) here in Toronto at the moment. Stay cool & be cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment